Shruti Jane Eusebius
Ms. Shruti Jane Eusebius has completed her BSL.LLB from ILS Law College, Pune in the year 2008. She also has a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Ewing
Christian College, Allahabad.
Ms. Eusebius joined the National Judicial Academy in March 2012. Prior to joining the National Judicial Academy, Ms. Eusebius worked in 2008 -2009 as an
Assistant Manager – Indirect Tax for Deloitte Haskins & Sells, Mumbai.
Ms. Eusebius has 3 publications to her credit –
• “Euthanasia & The Right To Die Under Article 21 Of The Constitution Of India” in the journal Indian Law Review Volume IV 2012 published by
National Law Institute University, Bhopal [ISSN 2229-7960].
• Short Article titled “Sentencing Practices vis-a-vis Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860” published in the Newsletter Vol.3, Issue 1, January 2013,
published by the National Judicial Academy.
• Short Article titled “Violence Against Women – Judicial Response” published in the Newsletter Vol.3, Issue 2, July 2013, published by the National Judicial
At National Judicial Academy, Ms. Eusebius has been involved in designing and conducting conferences for all levels of judges covering various areas of law. Besides conducting orientation programmes for newly appointed judges of junior division and Additional District Judges, Ms. Eusebius has conducted programmes on the
following themes -
- Development of Law in Constitutional & Administrative Law
- Juvenile Justice
- Laws relating to Women and Children
- Family Courts
- Judicial Qualities, Attitudes & Skills
- Law relating to Weaker Sections and Marginalized Groups (Transgenders, Mentally Challenged, Differently-abled and Senior Citizens)
Ms. Eusebius has also been involved in designing and conducting academic programmes for judges from Sri Lanka in 2012 & 2013.
In 2012-13 Ms. Eusebius has been a member of the Editorial Team that prepared NJA’s Newsletters Volume 3 Issues 1 & 2.