Shruti Jane Eusebius
Ms. Shruti Jane Eusebius has completed her BSL.LLB from ILS Law College, Pune and LLM from Barkatullah University. She has qualified the UGC National Eligibility Test in the year 2018. Ms. Eusebius also has a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Ewing Christian College, Allahabad.
Ms. Eusebius joined the National Judicial Academy in March 2012 as a Law Associate and was selected as a Research Fellow in 2018. Prior to joining the National Judicial Academy, Ms. Eusebius worked as an Assistant Manager – Indirect Tax for Deloitte Haskins & Sells, Mumbai.
At National Judicial Academy, Ms. Eusebius has been involved in designing and conducting conferences for judges at various levels including Civil Judges Junior Division, Additional District Judges, Principal District Judges and High Court Judges. Ms. Eusebius has conducted programmes on the following themes -
- Development of Law in Constitutional & Administrative Law
- Juvenile Justice
- Laws relating to Women and Children
- Family Courts
- NDPS Courts
- Motor Accident Claims Tribunal
- Judicial Qualities, Attitudes & Skills
- Court Management
- Economic Crimes
- Election Laws
- Animal Rights Law
- Law relating to Weaker Sections and Marginalized Groups (Transgenders, Mentally Challenged, Differently-abled and Senior Citizens)
Ms. Eusebius has also been involved in designing and conducting academic programmes for judges from Sri Lanka in 2012 & 2013.
Ms. Eusebius has 3 publications to her credit –
• “Euthanasia & The Right To Die Under Article 21 Of The Constitution Of India” in the journal Indian Law Review Volume IV 2012 published by
National Law Institute University, Bhopal [ISSN 2229-7960].
• Short Article titled “Sentencing Practices vis-a-vis Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860” published in the Newsletter Vol.3, Issue 1, January 2013,
published by the National Judicial Academy.
• Short Article titled “Violence Against Women – Judicial Response” published in the Newsletter Vol.3, Issue 2, July 2013, published by the National Judicial Academy.